Jesse Eisenberg is a Hollywood actor who has taken part in several movies, including ‘The Social Network,’ ‘Zombieland’ and ‘Adventureland’ thus amassing a big net worth. Find out more about this soft-spoken guy who has a baby on the way!
- 1 Who Is Jesse Eisenberg? Wiki, ‘Adventureland,’ ‘Zombieland’, Net Worth, ‘The Social Network’ and Facts to Know
- 2 Jesse Eisenberg’s Early Life
- 3 Eisenberg’s Career in Movies including ‘Adventureland’ and ‘Zombieland’
- 4 Eisenberg’s Personal Life..Hint…There’s a Baby on the Way!
- 5 Eisenberg Awards and Achievements
- 6 His Net Worth
Who Is Jesse Eisenberg? Wiki, ‘Adventureland,’ ‘Zombieland’, Net Worth, ‘The Social Network’ and Facts to Know
Born in New York City, Jesse Eisenberg is widely known for his excellent performance in movies. His early interest in an acting career made him perform in films such as ‘The Squid and the Whale,’ ‘Adventureland,’ ‘Now You See Me’ and ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,’ and ’30 Minutes or Less’ to mention just a few. Many of his fans know him for his character as Mark Zuckerberg in the film ‘The Social Network.’ Eisenberg is well recognized for his love for theatre, therefore, he has taken part in some of original work in off-Broadway theatre. Eisenberg is also an excellent writer. He has written and taken part in three plays for the New York Stage as well as further writing for The New Yorker. He has also written a collection of short stories in ‘Bream Gives Me Hiccups: and other stories.’
Jesse Eisenberg’s Early Life
Jesse Eisenberg is the proud son of Amy and Barry Eisenberg, who are Jewish. He was born on October 5, 1983, in the Queens Borough of New York City. Eisenberg’s father was a Sociology professor while his mother was a clown entertainer at children’s parties. She was also a choreographer at a Catholic High School. His parents raised him together with his two sisters in the suburbs of East Brunswick, New Jersey. His sisters’ names are Hallie Kate and Kerri Lea Eisenberg. His mother now teaches cultural sensitivity at a local high school. Eisenberg went to various schools, his first school was East Brunswick Public Schools. He later attended Hammarskjold Middle School, and then he attended Churchill Junior High School. He also studied at East Brunswick High School and finally, he moved to New York to study at Performing Arts High School. Eisenberg furthered his studies at The New School in Greenwich in Anthropology and Contemporary Architecture. He graduated with a degree in Liberal arts with a concentration in Democracy and Cultural Pluralism. Eisenberg was a very sensitive boy as a child because he suffered from an anxiety disorder. He had a rough time at school, however, this did not stop Eisenberg from pursuing his passion for acting. He appeared in several productions of children’s theatre play at the age of seven. As he took part in the theatre plays, he did it as a coping mechanism form for his disorders. When he turned 16 years of age he started writing plays.
Eisenberg’s Career in Movies including ‘Adventureland’ and ‘Zombieland’
Jesse Eisenberg started his acting career at a very tender age. His first play, at the age of seven was the musical Oliver! He starred as Oliver Twist and this opened up many opportunities for Jesse. He made his first professional appearance in Arje Shaw’s play, ‘The Gathering.’ After his first professional debut, Eisenberg landed several other opportunities in a series titled ‘Get Real’ in 1999. He also appeared in a Dr. Pepper commercial in 2011. Subsequently, in 2011 he also appeared in ‘Lightning: Fire from the Sky’ and in ‘Roger Dodger,’ which was an independent film. In 2012, he also took part in a movie called ‘The Emperor’s Club.’ In 2005, Eisenberg appeared in an independent drama ‘The Squid and the Whale.’ He received many positive reviews for his role in this play by critics. In 2009, Eisenberg played as James Brennan in a movie called Adventureland were he co-starred next to Kristen Stewart in the film. ‘Adventureland’ is a teen comedy-drama movie. Eisenberg also appeared in another film, ‘Zombieland,’ were he starred alongside Woody Harrelson, Emma Stone, and Abigail Breslin. ‘Zombieland’ is a post-zombie apocalypse film and Eisenberg was widely recognized for his role as Columbus in ‘Zombieland.’ He also appeared in the ‘Zombieland’ sequel as the same character. Jesse Eisenberg also starred as a Facebook creator Mark Zuckerberg in ‘The Social Network,’ which earned him a nomination for the Academy Award, the BAFTA Awards, and the Golden Globes in the Best Award from the National Board of Review of Motion Pictures. ‘The Social Network’ movie was his major breakthrough that contributed a lot to his net worth. In 2011, Eisenberg further appeared in ’30 Minutes or Less,’ a film where he plays a pizza delivery boy who was forced to rob a bank. ’30 Minutes or Less’ is a crime thriller movie that was among the major works of Eisenberg. He later appeared in ‘Why Stop Now’ and in the movie ‘To Rome with Love’ in 2012. He landed another role in ‘Now You See Me’ in 2013 when he starred as Danny who was a street magician He co-starred alongside James Franco and Mark Ruffalo in this magical crime thriller film that involves several street magicians who teach a lesson to the rich smugglers. He also appeared also features in the ‘Now You See Me’ sequel as Danny. In a more recent role, Eisenberg appeared in Rio 2 as Blu and as well as another play called ‘The Revisionist,’ where he played the main character. In 2016, Eisenberg played Lex Luthor in the film ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.’ He co-starred next to Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, and Diane Lane. ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’ is a science-fiction adventure action and in this movie Eisenberg plays the role of a villain who pits Batman and Superman against each other to achieve his own ulterior motive. Jesse Eisenberg has also taken part in other major hits in movies and plays such as ‘The Hunting Party’ in 2007, ‘Holy Rollers’ in 2010, ‘Cursed’in 2005, ‘The End of the Tour’ in 2015, ‘The Spoils’ in 2015, and ‘Café Society’ in 2016.
Eisenberg’s Personal Life..Hint…There’s a Baby on the Way!
Jesse Eisenberg first met Anna Strout who was a crewmember in the film ‘The Emperor’s Club.’ They dated from 2002 to 2012. After their relationship ended Jesse met and began dating Mia Wasikowska. He starred alongside her in the film ‘The Double,’ however, their relationship did not last Jesse Eisenberg is now back with his first love Anna Strout. The lovebirds have a baby on the way soon!
Eisenberg Awards and Achievements
1. Eisenberg received the San Diego film festival for the Most Promising Actor for his role as Nick in the film Roger Dodger in 2002. 2. In ‘The Social Network’ movie, he won the Best Actor Award from the National Board of Review of Motion Pictures. Eisenberg also received a nomination for the Best Actor at the BAFTA Awards, Golden Globes, and Academy Awards. 3. Jesse Eisenberg was honored for the Academy Award for the Best Original Song for the song Real in Rio. This was the song from the animated film Rio. 4. He received an honor at the Children at Heart Celebrity Dinner Gala and Fantasy Auction. He received the honor since he benefited the children of Chernobyl. 5. Eisenberg has also received the Independent Spirit Award for the Best Young Actor in 2006 and Critics’ Choice Awards for The Best Actor in the same year. 6. In 2011, he received a Critics’ Choice Awards for The Best Actor. 7. In 2010, Eisenberg also received a Screen Actors Guild Awards for the Outstanding Performance by Male Actor in a Leading Role as well as Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture. 8. In 2010, he received an Oscar Award for the Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role.
Facts to Know
1. Jesse Eisenberg is a writer and he has written most of his plays. He is always shocked whenever he takes part in any of his plays. 2. Eisenberg’s mother was a professional clown who used to entertain children at parties. She worked for 20 years in this profession. 3. While Jesse Eisenberg was young, he suffered from anxiety and obsessive-compulsive disorder. However, he managed to cope with it through acting. 4. He is not a follower of fashion. To him, his dress code style is ‘every day is laundry day’. 5. Since he suffers from the anxiety disorder, Eisenberg does not like publicity. He gets uncomfortable whenever he is publicly recognized. 6. Eisenberg has been a drummer since he was eight years old. He occasionally plays drums whenever he is not working. 7. Jesse’s little sister Hallie was made the face of Pepsi commercials in the 1990’s. 8. He does not like watching himself acting in movies. 9. He has a lookalike named Michael Cera. They frequently are mistaken for each other. 10. Robert Pattinson is a huge fan of Jesse. He always watches his movies. 11. Before Jesse became a Hollywood star, he appeared in a Dr. Pepsi commercial as a naked boy. 12. While Jesse was cast in’The Social Network movie, he opened a false Facebook account in the name of Andrew Garfield. 13. Jesse claims that becoming a bike messenger was his second career option if acting failed. 14. The first time Jesse Eisenberg saw a Facebook page was while working on ‘The Social Network’ film. 15. He is not on Facebook. No website shows his official Facebook account.
His Net Worth
The famous actor Eisenberg began his acting career at the age of seven. This opportunity opened doorways that made him gain a net worth of $14 million dollars. In his acting career, Jesse Eisenberg has managed to appear in several major movies including ‘The Social Network.’ This was the major source of his net worth accumulation. Eisenberg has further managed to create his reputation in the acting industry, therefore, increasing his chances of accomplishment, fame, as well as his net worth. Apart from being an actor, he is also a playwright and the author of several books. His many talents have earned him money, therefore, amassing his net worth fortune. Jesse Eisenberg is awkward but adorable at the same time. He always does his best to stay out of sight from the paparazzi. He maintains a low profile since his disorder does not allow him to be at ease in the public eye. Apart from maintaining a low profile, he is an award-winning actor who has appeared in major films such as ‘Adventureland,’ ’30 Minutes or Less,’ ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,’ ‘Now You See Me,’ and ‘Zombieland.’ He is talented at writing plays as well as being an author of several books. Be on the lookout for him since you will be seeing more of him.