Mandy Patinkin does it all from acting to music, the actor is the loving husband of Kathryn Grody. and the couple shares two children together.
Mandy Patinkin’s Early Years
Mandy Patinkin was born ‘Mandel Bruce Patinkin to his parents on November 30, 1952, in Chicago, Illinois. Mandy Patinkin’s mother was a homemaker and cookbook writer, while his father worked as an operator of two scrap metal plants. His parents are Jewish immigrants who share Russian and Polish ancestry. The actor spent his youth with his parents and was raised in a Conservative Judaism household. As a teen, he spent his years singing in synagogue choirs which allowed him to explore his passion for music and recording. The actor enjoyed sharing his magnificent voice on stage with his choir and audiences.
Living Hollywood Dreams
The big screen is much brighter as a star
Mandy Patinkin began his career doing small roles on radio and in television commercials. After his success on Broadway in 1980, Mandy and wife Kathryn Grody were married. Mandy Patinkin transcended to the big screen and later appearing on television major roles throughout his career. Patinkin has been nominated for many awards for his accomplishments in movie, music, and theater. Not one for controversy, however, with the sudden departure from his hit series Criminal Minds in 2005, Patinkin is still plagued with rumors regarding the show. But no harm has been done to the actor’s reputation or net worth in Hollywood due to the minor separation.
Mandy Patinkin on Broadway
Mandy Patinkin appeared on the following Broadway shows: 1. The Shadow Box (1977)
2. Evita (1979) – Che (Tony Award, 1980) – George
9. Mandy Patinkin in Concert (1997)
3. Sunday in the Park with George (1984) 4. Follies in Concert (1985)
5. Mandy Patinkin in Concert: Dress Casual (1989)
6. The Secret Garden (1991)
7. Falsettos (1993) 8. Sunday in the Park with George (Tenth Anniversary Concert) (1994)
10. Mandy Patinkin in Concert: Mamaloshen (1998)
11. The Wild Party (2000) – Burrs (Tony Award Nominee, 2000)
12. Celebrating Sondheim
13. An Evening with Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin (2011)
Mandy Patinkin’s Top Ten Movies
1. In 1978, Mandy Patinkin played a pool man in ‘The Big Fix’ and made his break into the Hollywood scene. 2.In 1983, Mandy Patinkin played the role of Avigdor in ‘Yentl’ where he earned the nomination for the Golden Globe Best Actor in a Motion Picture Musical or Comedy. 3. In 1987 Mandy Patinkin played Inigo Montoya in ‘The Princess Bride’. 4. In 1988, Mandy Patinkin played Detective Smaula Francisco in ‘Alien Nation’ and was nominated for the Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actor. 5. In 1990, Mandy played the role of 88 Keys in ‘Dick Tracey’. 6. 1991 was a busy year for Patinkin as he played in ‘Impromptu’ as Alfred de Musset, ‘The Doctor’ as Dr. Murray Kaplan, and in ‘The Music of Chance’ as Jim Nashe. 7. His most notable role amongst children was in ‘The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland’ where he played the role of Huxley in 1999. 8. In 2014, Patinkin became Gabe Bloom in ‘Wish I Was Here’. 9. In 2016 the actor was the voice of Papa Smurf in ‘Smurfs: The Lost Village’. 10. Most recently in 2017, Patinkin was Mr. Tushman in ‘Wonder’.
Mandy Patinkin on TV
1. Taxi (as Alan, 1978)
2. American Playhouse (as Geroges Seurat, 1986)
3. Chicago Hope (as Dr. Jeffrey Geiger, 1994 – 2000)
4. The Simpsons (as hugh Parkfield, 1995)
5. Touched by an Angel (as Satan, 2001)
6. Law & Order 9as Levi March, 2003)
7. Criminal Minds (as Jason Gideon, 2005 – 2007)
8. Homeland (as Saul Berenson, 2011 – present)
9. Wonder Pets (as Groundhog, 2011)
10. Nina’s World (as Mr. Lambert, 2015)
Mandy Patinkin Album List
Mandy Patinkin’s recorded albums solo and cast albums: 1. Evita (cast album, 1979)
2. Sunday in the Park with George (cast album, 1984)
3. South Pacific (London Studio Cast) (1986)
4. Mandy Patinkin (1989)
5. Dress Casual (1990)
6. The Secret Garden (cast album, 1991)
7. Experiment (1994)
8. Oscar & Steve (1995)
9. Man of La Mancha (with Plácido Domingo) (1996)
10. Mamaloshen (1998)
11. Myths and Hymns (cast album, 1999)
12. The Wild Party (cast album, 2000)
13. Kidults (2001)
14. Mandy Patinkin Songs Songheim (2002)
Life Outside of Hollywood
The Princess Bride actor resides in New York City with wife Kathryn Grody. Kathryn Grody who’s also an actress played in Men with Guns alongside her husband in 1997.
Mandy Patinkin: Husband to Kathryn Grody and Father of Two
Mandy Patinkin married his wife Kathryn Grody in 1980 and the couple shares two sons. Of his two sons Isaac and Gideon Patinkin, Gideon has followed in his father’s footsteps to perform on Broadway. Throughout his personal life, Mandy Patinkin has had many health issues including an eye disease which resulted in two corneal transplants and prostate cancer. The actor has overcome both ailments and continue to grace the industry with his talents. Mandy Patinkin is an avid leader in the Jewish community where he’s done much charitable work for several causes and contributed to Dewey Doo-it Helps Owlie Fly Again: A Musical Storybook a book inspired by the Christopher Reeves and his wife Dana Reeves before their deaths.
Five Facts about Mandy Patinkin
I. Mandy Patinkin is an active supporter of the following charities: PAX, Doctors Without Borders, Americans for Peace Now, The September 11th Fund, Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America and Gilda’s Club. II. Mandy Patinkin has won both an Emmy and Tony award throughout his career. III. Mandy Patinkin is a graduate of The University of Kansas and Julliard School of Drama. IV. Mandy Patinkin’s music career began in 1989. V. The Homeland actor has a net worth of $9 million dollars.
The Official Concert Site of Mandy PatinkinSource: http://www.mandypatinkin.org/