Caitriona Balfe is the actress that is heating it up on “The Outlander”. Here’s all you need to know including her net worth.
Caitriona Balfe’s Life
Caitriona Balfe was born in Ireland on October 4, 1979. She began her life in the small village of Tydavnet, with her parents and four siblings. Caitriona Balfe moved to Los Angeles to pursue her acting career and later resided in the cities of New York City, Paris, London, Milan, Hamburg, and Tokyo during her modeling career. Balfe speaks English French, and Irish. Caitriona Balfe obtained her college degree from DIT Conservatory of Music and Drama and has always been intrigued with the business world since childhood.
Stardom with actress Caitriona Balfe
Caitriona Balfe received her big break in Hollywood in the Starz drama “Outlander”; however the actress has appeared in many other projects. Balfe played minor roles in various projects including “The Devil Wears Prada”, “Crush”, “H+”, “Los Angeles”, “Now You See Me”, and “Super 8”. Prior to her acting career, Caitriona Balfe was a model.
Starz Drama Outlander
Since the beginning of the Starz drama “Outlander” in August 2014, fans of the television show have been hooked to the on-screen couple Claire and Jamie. Caitriona Balfe plays in the Starz drama “Outlander” alongside her costar Sam Heughan. Caitriona Balfe’s character of Claire is a nurse in the mid-20th-century who time travels to the Scottish Highlands during the mid-18th-century war. In the television show Balfe and her costar Sam Heughan, who share a one-year age difference, acted together in some of the hottest love scenes as Claire and Jamie; the beloved couple on “Outlander”.
Caitriona Balfe, who has constantly denied any off-screen romance with Sam Heughan, has since been seen fighting her fans on their perception of the actors. Though it seems that there is undeniable chemistry between the characters of Claire and Jamie, Balfe has stated in many interviews that her connection with Sam Heughan is purely platonic and professional.
Now You See Me
Caitriona Balfe played the role of character Michael Claine’s wife in “Now You See Me.”
Winning Awards with Caitriona Balfe
Caitriona Balfe has won the following awards for her participation in a number of films, including her role in the Starz drama “Outlander”: In 2017 she won the following: 1. Oscar Wilde Awards
2. People’s Choice Awards (Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actress) In 2016, Caitriona Balfe won the following: 1. BAFTA Scotland Award (Best Actress on Television)
2. EWwy Awards (Best Actress in a Drama Series)
3. The Anglophile Channel Awards (Best Actress in a Television Series)
4. Saturn Awards (Best Actress on Television)
5. People’s Choice Awards (Favorite Cable Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actress) In 2015, Caitriona Balfe won the following: 1. EWwy Awards (Best Actress in a Drama Series)
2 The Anglophile Channel Awards (Best Actress in a Television Series)
3. Saturn Awards (Best Actress on Television)
4. BBC America Anglophenia Fan Favorite Awards (Woman of the Year)
Caitriona Balfe the Model
Caitriona Balfe began her modeling career after being scouted by a Ford Model’s agent and moved to Paris to begin her career. During her modeling career, Balfe appeared in runway shows for Chanel, Moschino, Givenchy, Dolce & Gabbana, Alberta Ferretti, and Louis Vuitton. Along with her runway shows, Caitriona Balfe represented many famous brands such as Armani, Anna Sui, Balenciaga, Marc Jacobs, Christian Dior, DKNY, Diesel, Hugo Boss, and Jil Sander to name a few.
Caitriona Balfe Net Worth, Interests, and More
Caitriona Balfe has been on the hush regarding her salary so it’s difficult to get a precise number concerning her net worth. However, some sources say her net worth is upwards of at least $2M.
Fun Facts About Caitriona Balfe
1. Caitriona Balfe is 5’9″ tall and weighs 130 lbs. 2. Though rumors of her involvement with costar Sam Heughan has been in mainstream media, Caitriona Balfe continues to deny such allegations. 3. Caitriona Balfe is a social media starlet, having 288K followers on Twitter and 427K on Instagram. 4. Caitriona Balfe is single with no children. 5. Caitriona Balfe is the former face of H&M. 6. Caitriona Balfe worked under famous modeling agency Ford Models. 7. Caitriona Balfe worked on advertising campaigns for Calvin Klein, Levi’s, and Victoria’s Secret to name a few. 8. Caitriona Balfe walked in the 2002 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. 9. Caitriona Balfe has appeared on the cover of Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, and ELLE. 10. Caitriona Balfe has walked in a total of 252 runway shows in three years.
Caitriona Balfe and Love
Caitriona Balfe has learned to keep her private life separate from her professional life. Through the years of her being in Hollywood, she’s left fans wondering about her love interest as a whole. There have been rumors of her dating Tony McGill and costar Sam Heughan. With the many rumors speculating around her public outing with Tony McGill, both Caitriona Balfe and Tony McGill have denied being romantically involved. For the moment, it seems, Balfe has a clear interest in continuing her professional career and maintaining a low profile within the Hollywood public scene.
The Future of Caitriona Balfe
Though her career is preoccupied with her role in “Outlander”, fans can rest assured there are many more roles in Hollywood for which Balfe can display her skills and talents. With the range of success that she will encounter, Caitriona Balfe will be a part of the Hollywood scene for years to come. Fans can expect Caitriona Balfe to grow onscreen and off as she continues to pursue her dreams.